The Miner’s Pick Chosen as Museum Gift Shop Name
Second Logo Contest Announced
After concluding our contest to name the Gift Shop, the NMHFM is now running a second gift shop contest, for design of a logo for The Miner’s Pick. The prize for this contest will be similar to the first, a specially selected item or items from our gift shop inventory. Entries must follow these guidelines:
- All entries must be original creations of the artist. Any entries using similar ideas or artistic representations in use by another organization will be disqualified.
- Logos should use a maximum of 3 colors, one of them being black.
- There are no specifications of what media the art is created in. However, a digital file must be submitted with the entry in either pdf or jpg format.
- Logos must reflect the name of the gift shop, as well as the personality of the museum, hall of fame, or gift shop.
- Logos must present a professional and responsible message and not contain offensive subject matter.
- Employees of the museum or gift shop and members of the Board of Directors or Board of Governors, and their immediate family members are excluded from entering the competition.
- Logos will be judged by the staff of the NMHFM, who will each receive one vote. In the event of a tie, the Chairman of the Board of Directors will cast the deciding vote.
- Entries must be sent electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for contest entries is March 12, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- The prize for the winning entry will be a specially selected item or items from our gift shop inventory.
The Miner’s Pick is located inside the National Mining Hall of Fame & Museum at 120 W 9th Street in Leadville, Colorado. It can also be accessed for safe, online shopping at www.mininghalloffame.org/shop.